Wednesday, April 13, 2016

WEDNESDAY WRITERLY PICTURE PROMPT - SEXY MANNEQUINS





           SEXY MANNEQUINS  

I HATE THEM.

Don’t get me wrong. Dressing windows satisfies my creativity. Exploring the use of fabrics, accessories and colours to show a product line at its best is truly art.

When I set up my business years ago, most were headless, torso and legs, and t-bar mannequins; androgynous one-size fits all.

Now they’re full-body with all the attributes of the female body. You have the Madonna, the Marilyn Monroe, and ...

 P-LEEE-ASE.

We live in a visually dominated world, people. Dressing idealized statuettes, complete with make-up and wigs, I am reminded on a daily basis of my short, stocky body with saggy arms, and facial wrinkle concealer.

At day end, driving home, I crank up Christina’s song and sing along as loud as I can.

                  We are beautiful no matter what they say     
                      We are beautiful in every single way
                       So don’t you bring me down today.

Visit me at my Facebook Author Page HERE


Flash fiction prompt provided by http://www.writerlycorner.com/writerly-prompts/writerly-wednesday-4132016.



No comments: