Wednesday, March 16, 2011

...LOSING CINDERELLA BOOK TRAILER

Marketing, marketing, marketing!  I'm still working on my marketing to do list for my editor, while I wait for updates on the manuscript.  I just finished my book trailer for Losing Cinderella and posted it on You Tube. I'm posting it here so you can get a sneak preview. It probably took me a total of 30 hours over a three-week period to get it right. Actually, I enjoyed the creative process of making my video, a different kind of creative effort.


I used Microsoft Movie Maker and had fun finding photos to match the storyline, and even dragged my husband out into the snow covered ranch lands to get some. The hardest part was finidng the music. First of all, copyright can be an issue. But I found a classical piece of music out of copyright and paid to download it from the pianist who recorded it. There are lots of sites on the internet offerening music loops for book trailers. Be careful. Just because they offer it, doesn't mean they have the rights to allow you to download.


My book trailer video for my debut novel, Losing Cinderella, available in October, 2011 by Asteroid Publishing Inc:






One step closer to launch date.


My next project is to finish my website. Then I must find a photo to place on the back cover. I'm waiting until I go to Vancouver Island in April to a wedding. Hopefully, the weather will be beautiful and I can get an outdoorsy photo in nature. Since my writing inspiration comes from nature, it is fitting my photo follows that theme.


Although this is a very special and exciting time for me, enough about me and my book. I wish to take a moment to share my thoughts about the horror facing the Japanese people.


I don't think any of us can know what they must be feeling with this triple catastrophy. But we can keep them in our thoughts and offer our prayers and best wishes. The losses they have experienced just from the earthquake and tsunami are astronomical and now the threat of nuclear contamination looms over the entire country and other Asian countries, if the wind blows in their direction. One Japanese elder said it all yesterday when asked if she couldn't help but compare the present situation with Hiroshima, WWII. She said: "There is no comparison, Hiroshima is our past, the nuclear threat today is our future." That really knocked me back.
Good luck!Ganbatte ne!            がんばってね!

2 comments:

NormaJ said...

Well said, June. And if you want to help your fellow man, I think the Red Cross is one of the best places to forward your contributions for the help and rebuild that this country is needing now.

Stefanie J Pristavu said...

I trust the Japanese will get through this in the end. They always do - they're a great people and I really admire their capacity to keep their heads straight and work together through this.
If this would've happened where I come from, there would be no more country to speak of :(